The City of Yorba Linda hosted the first event of its Housing Element workshop series on Thursday, September 14 with a Virtual Q&A session. The Zoom-hosted session empowered residents to delve into the resident-driven recommendations for the 2021-2029 Housing Element.
The City is steadfast in its mission to preserve the unique quality of life enjoyed by its residents. In the face of State housing mandates, the City underscores its commitment to crafting a Housing Element that not only meets the requirements but also fiercely safeguards the local zoning controls that are highly valued by the community. The community’s ongoing engagement is appreciated as their feedback plays a significant role in shaping a plan that mirrors the needs and concerns of the community.
The Virtual Q&A session marked the initiation of a series of community outreach events lined up to ensure comprehensive engagement with the residents. The content covered in each session will be similar in nature, so find a date that works best for you and join us. Upcoming events include:
- In-Person Workshop 1 (Central) at East Lake Village Association – October 5 | 6-8 p.m.
- Coffee & Housing Policy Chat at Monarch 9 Cafe- October 7 | 9-10:30 a.m.
- In-Person Workshop 2 (East) at Travis Ranch Middle School – October 10 | 6-8 p.m.
- In-Person Workshop 3 (West) at Yorba Linda Community Center – October 12 | 6-8 p.m.
- Planning Commission Meeting at City Hall Council Chambers – October 25 | 6:30 p.m.
Residents are encouraged to attend these workshops and make use of the resources on the official website, YLLocalControl.com, for a comprehensive understanding of the 2021-2029 Housing Element.
The City of Yorba Linda continues its legal and policy efforts to retain local control amidst evolving state housing mandates. It strives to build a Housing Element that safeguards its local governance structures while meeting state requirements.
Please find a recording of the Q&A webinar here: https://youtu.be/atiQ3pcDxWI